Sunday, August 29

Fat chance


James Toney brought a big mouth, rotund body and no ground defense into his first MMA fight. End result: Lights out, Toney. UFC hall of famer Randy Couture (47 yrs. old) dominated former professional boxing world champion James Toney, submitting the mixed martial arts novice with a first-round arm-triangle choke. The white flag came 3:19 into round one with Toney waving his hand in the air like a little girl (James, it's tapout not wave). Let's hear it for the old guys. Toney said “I didn’t expect him to be so aggressive at first,” he said. “He just caught me. He got me on the ground, and I couldn’t get out of the triangle choke. But I’ll be back. I ain’t no quitter.” James, its MMA, you should expect the other fighter to be "aggresive" from the very fist second of the fight...I almost feel sorry for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment