Wednesday, January 26

Coolest XS650 of the decade





Chris Hamilton built this bike 6 years ago. He shortened the girder, gusseted the frame, cut off all the stock stuff, added a norton atlas quick release rear hub to a Harley drop center 16″ rim, 21″ spool front wheel. Made the bars and risers, adapted a competition triumph pop top gas cap to the gas tank, made a new tunnel for the tank, made a stash box to resemble a oil tank, made the steel battery box, made the pipes, made aluminum motor mounts front,top,and,rear, sectioned the fender,made the license plate mount. Chris built this bike 5 different ways before I finally go it where I liked it. He's got about 150 hours into this bike. Up close you can see all the work… 100 % T.I.G. welded. He sold the bike to a local guy, but hasn't seen it around- he's assuming it was sold out of state or whatever. This bike was built in Van Nuys CA. I only wish I would have known he was selling it.

No comments:

Post a Comment